After You Leave
In most cases, you will be ready to leave the Center within one hour after your procedure. Upon returning home, follow these instructions. You also will be given specific discharge instructions from your physician.
- Have someone stay with you for the first 24 hours after the procedure.
- Take it easy the day after the procedure.
- It is natural to experience some discomfort following your procedure.
- You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness depending on the type of anesthesia you receive.
- Unless instructed by your physician, you may resume your regular diet and daily medication schedule.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or power tools, cook, drink alcoholic beverages, make legal decisions, or take any medications not prescribed by your physician for at least 24 hours after your procedure.
- Contact your doctor if you are having problems after your procedure. If you cannot contact your doctor, call or go to the nearest emergency room.